Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am a Histotechnologist and a Jewelry designer/maker. This blog is my way to tell you about my life and my art. I love art and science. Finally, my jewelry is bringing them together. I am inspired daily by the art and science I see under the microscope. Come with me on this fascinating journey as we explore the blending of art and science. Thank you for coming. Please come back. contact me: mdpraetATgmail.com

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Beading Update

This is my latest necklace. It is a spiral made with Sapphire Satin 4mm bicone Swarovski Elements and gold seed beads. I just love it. It is so beautiful. The picture doesn't do it justice. I made it for my friend Marian. Can hardly wait to see it on her. Of, course she is getting the Sapphire Satin tennis bracelet to go with it. She'll really be decked out for all those Christmas parties.

I have been so busy going to bead night at the bead store and to the library to bead with friends. I also started a part time job, so that has taken up quite a bit of time.  Things should settle down just in time to get busy making Christmas gifts. I have gotten started on that. I invited my Mom, my sister, Linda and her sister-in-law, Kathleen over on Tuesday for a crafting afternoon. We made very special gift tags to use with our Christmas gifts this year. No jewelry invovled, however we did add some bling.

Today, I have been making cozy blanket for my grandsons for Christmas. I haven't come up with a craft idea for my grnaddaughter, yet. In the past I have made her aprons and handbags. I have been searching Pinterest for ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment