Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am a Histotechnologist and a Jewelry designer/maker. This blog is my way to tell you about my life and my art. I love art and science. Finally, my jewelry is bringing them together. I am inspired daily by the art and science I see under the microscope. Come with me on this fascinating journey as we explore the blending of art and science. Thank you for coming. Please come back. contact me: mdpraetATgmail.com

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dec. 6, 2011

I was very busy this weekend making tennis bracelets. In descending order, Caribbean blue, crystal, jet, rose, and sapphire Swarovski 4mm bicone crystals with gold seed beads and gold filled lobster claw clasps. I make them using two needles and a right angle weave. I go through each crystal one way and then the other way with the other needle. This way the bicone is reinforced.
These two are Siam and Peridot Satin Swarovski 4mm bicones. I think they look great for Christmas worn together. In fact, they look great worn with my Chainmaille Christmas tree, I made a Bead Day at Terri's on 11/ 25/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment