Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am a Histotechnologist and a Jewelry designer/maker. This blog is my way to tell you about my life and my art. I love art and science. Finally, my jewelry is bringing them together. I am inspired daily by the art and science I see under the microscope. Come with me on this fascinating journey as we explore the blending of art and science. Thank you for coming. Please come back. contact me: mdpraetATgmail.com

Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Angel

This is my lovely "Angel" Lucy Moreau and me showing some of our handiwork. Lucy has been so very sweet to let me stay with her while I am continuing to look for a job in Crystal River now that my house has been sold. So, I am showing her some of the bead weaving patterns that I know. I have taught her the wave bracelet made using tila beads and 3mm Swarovski crystals. I also taught her how to do the spiral like the Trichrome Necklace that I made here in this picture. We have really been having fun. She has discovered I am a hard task master. I don't let her give up. I am patient but surrender is not an option.

I hope to have some more pictures of new additions to the "Special Stain" collection before I leave for the NSH Symposium Convention on Friday. So be sure to check back later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment