Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am a Histotechnologist and a Jewelry designer/maker. This blog is my way to tell you about my life and my art. I love art and science. Finally, my jewelry is bringing them together. I am inspired daily by the art and science I see under the microscope. Come with me on this fascinating journey as we explore the blending of art and science. Thank you for coming. Please come back. contact me: mdpraetATgmail.com

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Oct 6th, 2011

My husband came to town last evening on his way to fly out of Ft. Lauderdale airport today. He went to NJ to attend his 45th high school reunion. He brought me some beading supplies from our new home and my Step by Step Wire Magazine which had gone to the new house. While he is visiting with old friends I'll be working on some beading projects that were ordered while I was at the NSH S/C. Amy, who purchased the Alcian Blue bracelet wants earrings to go with it. She wants a long drop and of course I can't find the tear drop shape bead in the color to match the Alcian Blue. I am going to try making it with a square Swarovski crystal and a bicone under it. I'll also be checking out the Step by Step Wire magazine. I do so love  working with wire. If I had started making jewelry when I was very young before I spent so many years working in a histology lab and getting repetitive motion damage to my hands, I think I would have majored metalsmithing. Oh well, I love bead weaving, too. I hope you all are working on something fun this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment