Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am a Histotechnologist and a Jewelry designer/maker. This blog is my way to tell you about my life and my art. I love art and science. Finally, my jewelry is bringing them together. I am inspired daily by the art and science I see under the microscope. Come with me on this fascinating journey as we explore the blending of art and science. Thank you for coming. Please come back. contact me: mdpraetATgmail.com

Saturday, October 1, 2011

This is a very happy customer displaying her Verhoeff's Elastic Necklace. Jan puchased this right after the House Of Delegates at the NSH Symposium/Convention.

I really enjoyed making this spiral. It is made with dark metallic iris 4 x 4 cubes and dark black iris metallic Seed beads. It has a self made toggle closure with three loops at the end for extending the length.

The Verhoeff's Elastic tissue stain is done to demonstrate atrophy of elastic tissue ( for example emphysema). It can also demonstrate thinning and loss due to arteriosclerosis. Also, of value is the ability to show if cancer has invaded blood vessels, which may change treatment plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment