Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am a Histotechnologist and a Jewelry designer/maker. This blog is my way to tell you about my life and my art. I love art and science. Finally, my jewelry is bringing them together. I am inspired daily by the art and science I see under the microscope. Come with me on this fascinating journey as we explore the blending of art and science. Thank you for coming. Please come back. contact me: mdpraetATgmail.com

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sunday June 26, 2011 Jewelry Making Class

Linda and I took a wire working class  "The Patterned Wire Cuff" on Sunday at Bead & Art in Lighthouse Point time with instructor Matt McNeil. He was just so awesome, talented and very knowledgeable. He was an excellent teacher, making sure we understood how to make the bends in the wire and explaining how to use the various tools. We could not have been happier with the class.  Thanks again, Matt.




It was also, a pleasure to meet two more of the ladies that went with Linda on the Swarovski cruise a couple of months back. Fin McNeil, co-owner of Bead & Art and Barbara McCarthy were also in the Second Place winning group the Crystal Mermaids who along with Linda, Mega and Terri designed the jewelry "Sunshine on Seaspray".  I hope to someday meet the other members of this winning group, Gerri Churchill, Marjorie Bailey and Susan Lowell.

No comments:

Post a Comment