Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I am a Histotechnologist and a Jewelry designer/maker. This blog is my way to tell you about my life and my art. I love art and science. Finally, my jewelry is bringing them together. I am inspired daily by the art and science I see under the microscope. Come with me on this fascinating journey as we explore the blending of art and science. Thank you for coming. Please come back. contact me: mdpraetATgmail.com

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Weekend Fun

Over the years, it has been my pleasure to share my crafts with others and none more than this past weekend. My sister, Linda also has a passion for beading and making jewelry. We spent almost the entire weekend together beading. This time she was the "master" sharing patterns she had learned with me the "grasshopper". We tend to trade those rolls often. Sunday was spent with Linda, and her friends Mega and Terri in Terri's lovely home. Terri was the "master" Sunday helping all of us to wire crochet a necklace. You would think with all the sewing I have done through the years, crochet would be easy for me. However, that is so far from the truth. I felt like a real clutz. What a blast we had sharing and laughing all day.

Linda, Mega and Terri just returned from a beading cruise to the Bahamas. I am so proud of them. They are now award winning designers. Their group won third place in the Swarovski crystal challenge. Their necklace will be  pictured on the Swarovski website and in BeadStyle magazine. Doggone it, I had to stay home and work! Work just really gets in the way of my beading.

I am hard at work on adding to my Special Stain Collection. I have put together beads of different colors and shapes ready to depict quite a few new stains. I hope to work on the actual designs this weekend. I want to continue trying to make the designs reflect the tissue structures as well as the colors. The one I am mulling over is the Trichrome Stain. I think to use red bugle beads to depict muscle will be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment